Work Location: 295 Indian River Road, Orange CT. 06477
Reports to: US Sales Manager
Pleasant outgoing personality coupled with technical savvy, polished and intelligent who speaks the “language of the customer.” Individual must possess a dynamic “can do” attitude, is willing to learn, and not afraid to get your foot in the door at a potential customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical sales support to the oil and gas industry in the designated geographical area (territory) or industry specific accounts.
- Remote position out of home office (or similar), preferably in Houston, TX area
- Willing and able to travel throughout Texas and Louisiana, making regular sales calls to new and existing customers. Approximate travel – 25%
- Daily phone contact with customer’s engineering and procurement personnel to service existing business and develop new opportunities.
- Work closely with Company’s engineering, manufacturing and quality managers to ensure orders are processed and shipped on time
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers and formulating strategies to win new business opportunities.
- Ability to identify key decision makers within an organization and how to leverage to win new business
- Manage multiple sales pursuits to meet yearly sales targets for your given industry and/or territory
- Generate yearly sales forecast and projections to support company goals.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Prepares and submits quotes to corporate office for pricing and lead times
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Identify industry trends that can impact core business and how company can effectively manage any impacts.
- Able to travel to Orange, CT minimum once per year for training and sales meetings. Possible additional time required in Orange, CT during onboarding process.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Four year University Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Five to Seven years in direct field sales of selling engineered products to OEM accounts and customer service
- Experience in domestic traveling.
- Experience with closely related seal products in the oil and gas industry
American Seal & Engineering Co. serves a broad base of markets, including Automotive, Off-Shore Oil Technology Aerospace / Defense, Chemical and Petrochemical Processing, Medical, Nuclear, and others. The company’s services consist, integration of standard and custom designed seals and sealing systems into customer’s applications.
The company is committed to future growth and strategically positioned with a select group of customers located around the globe.
- Strong management in place
- Strong technical support team
- Excellent reputation with the customers and the vendors
- Extremely competitive pay and benefits