Mechanical engineers provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to extremely large manufacturing machinery or test structures. Engineers will work on all stages of product development, design, manufacturing, instillation and final commissioning.
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability.
- Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines.
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs.
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments.
- Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Planning and designing new production processes.
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs.
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results.
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and computer-aided design.
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
- Monitoring and commissioning plant and systems.
3-5+ years relevant experience in mechanical engineering
Experience and familiarity of our products and line of business a plus
A B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a related field is strongly preferred